BodyByAngels

BodyByAngels
Where FIT takes the form of You

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Plateau! How to fix this issue

Hey Beautiful bodies,
I got behind again, but no worries I'm right back still on my journey as well. As a matter of fact, I got so into a healthy lifestyle that I skipped blogging about it. I know, I know this helps me to document my process and reach out to others that are also on this "struggle journey" of being coming a better, fitter self.

Anyhow, I came to talk to you all about Plateaus... Like LITERALLY a fitness PLATEAU! I mean like you workout hard and constantly but can not seem to move the scale or can not understand why you are not in a smaller size. Well, you wouldn't be the first girl or person that has experience this problem.


I have always found that I fit fitness plateaus more than I care to. For whatever reason, it's mostly misconceptions or lack of something. Like the misconception that if you left heavy you will become too bulky or "jacked" aka muscular. That is not the case and my BFF had to remind me of that again on the phone yesterday. It happens lol!!

Other misconceptions and myths in the fitness world are:

  1. If you're a woman, lifting weights will make you bulky like a man. 
  2. If you isolate a specific muscle, you will reduce fat in that specific area.
  3. A 2-3 hour workout will burn more fat than shorter workouts. 
  4. No pain, no gain. 
  5. Eating carbohydrates will make you fat. 
  6. Sweating will help you lose weight. 
  7. Aerobic training is more important than strength training
It's pretty easy to think these things are all real and true ways to lose weight or become fit. But many of these will lead you straight to a fitness plateau. I did my research and so should you. Abs are made in the kitchen but strength and endurance are made through constant physical activity. So I am making sure I eat better every day, fewer "cheat days", more physical activities and heavier weights. I can do this and so can YOU!



Fitness and weightloss plateaus can happen to anyone at any fitness level. It just can happen. 

Other fitness plateaus that I mentioned is lack of...
What I mean is a lack of proper knowledge, lack of management, lack of heavier weights, lack of proper nutrition as so on.

I can not believe that some people especially females still believe that eats salads and drinking diet soda will make you magically skinny! Like what?

Um, NO hunty! lol

You are depriving yourself of other vital nutrients and vitamins not to mention sabotaging yourself for later by overeating or worse. Do not deprive your body of the nutrients that it needs. These nutrients are turned into fuel for energy. Why deprive oneself of the energy you need? 

Portion control of coasre, but do not cut out too much of what you like or what you need. Trust me it leads back to just gaining all that weight back because you are sure to fall off the wagon on a "diet like that. 



So eat what you like (in moderation), it's ok to count calories at least in the portion sense, do not deprive yourself of healthy nutrients but eating a bogus diet, and plateaus can happen to anyone but can be fixed with proper weightlifting and cardiovascular routines.



 See how I beat the dreaded fitness plateau with my weekly Youtube videos. Leave me a comment if you have any questions or concerns or are just needing some motivation. Fatloss is hard sometimes for many people, but we can make small changes that help us to avoid those fitness pitfalls and avoid falling into a weight loss /fitness plateau.

Keep up the good work and do not let a number on the scale be your goal, make fitness and being healthy a LIFESTYLE.

xoxoxo,
Angels😇



  

No comments: