BodyByAngels

BodyByAngels
Where FIT takes the form of You

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Covid-19 and Fitness (Home-Based) Pt. 1

Hey there bodies,

So we all know about this new disease called the CORONA VIRUS or COVID- 19 for short. We have been told it is a life-threatening disease that works to kill fast. Most people either went stark crazy when the news about COVID -19 came to America. Those same people went and depleted stores of toilet paper, hand sanitizer and medical supplies. Smh Some people did not and still do not take this illness seriously and refuse to stay in and there are those of us who have taken full advantage not working and staying at home to protect ourselves and others. With all this commotion going down. One must wonder “What is the right solution” and “What can I do while stuck indoors”. 

Well, my platform has always been about home-based fitness with gym incorporated if possible. But to go beyond the NOW home fitness craze, I compiled a list of activities that are sure to keep you active as well as sane (if you are stuck in the house. The list will be broken down into parts for a more in-depth explanation.
Some of them are pretty obvious and some may be something you had not thought about but may enjoy. 

So let’s get to it!

Fitness/Home workouts

You this one is pretty obvious right? Well for those who use the excuse “I just do not have the time”, or “I just can not get to the gym” or “I do not have childcare” and a bundle of other excuses. Well, fret no more because you can now get that much-needed workout at home. So the coronavirus got you inside and off of work... Here's your chance! 

Just a 10 to 20-minute workout is all you need and if you are not sure what to do, there are free apps, YouTube and Instagram personalities that can help you get started. Since the virus hit, many large and well now fitness advocates, personal trainers and celebrity personalities have been cashing in on the home fitness craze so there is no shortage of free and available workout and fitness routines that you do not have to leave home to do.

APPs
Apps like FITON have a large selection of workouts you can do at home and it is for free. There is a option to pay for more features but it is not at all needed. You can invite your friends socially and/r include your kids and spouse if you like. There is something for everyone here. FITON app can be found in your Google play store or Apple store on any of your social electronics. I use my FITON app daily and I post my accomplishments on my Instagram (bodybyangels86). 

Other apps that can be used are:
Achievement app- which is an app to gauge and track your steps.
My Fitness pal- which used to track your overall fitness progress, food, and water intake as well as log home workouts. Samsung health and Apple fit lets you do the same. 
You can find just about any app just by searching in your Google Play or Apple store, just make sure they are free. My favs are FITON, SAMSUNG Health, and ACHIEVEMENT.

Social media sites and personalities channels that you can follow that I like on Instagram are:

Instagram:
Bodybyangels86- I mean of course I would add my channel first (shameless plug). My Instagram is chalked full of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack ideas for the average person on a budget. The meals are balanced, healthy and cost-effective. I also post workout videos and motivational fitness videos. My hope is to take people on my fitness, weight loss and fat loss journey with me. Hopefully through seeing me going through this process will inspire others to join in.

Women's Best- Is a premium sports nutrition & sportswear company for women. There are other companies centered on men but this one is female gender specified. I used to just use this company to purchase my vegan/plant-based nutrition like pre-workout and protein powder and multivitamins. Women's Best also sells fitness clothing for active women. ALL-INCLUSIVE.
Currently, because of the COVID-19 virus going around Women's Best now offers home workouts as well as previously offered gym workout as well.

MrandMrsMuscle- Is one of the first home-based workout video creators that I have ever seen on Instagram. It is a fitness husband and wife who create videos that focus on different areas of the body. They mostly use bodyweight but they do sometimes incorporate free weights.
I love watching this couple and I highly recommend adding their channel if you have an Instagram page.

t1dhusky_fit- Is a young fellow that I found on Instagram as I was starting on my own
fitness journey. I believed he liked one of my workout videos so I checked his page out and got inspired. 
t1dhusky_fit is definitely a motivator with all of his daily workout videos as well as a fantastic inspiration. I recommend following this young man on his fitness journey.

Gymalarm- Is another fitness page that features home workout. Low to medium impact but maximum effect. I love watching Gymalarm home workout videos because they are so innovative on how they choose to work every muscle of the body. Mainly only using body weight. Their video mainly features females but I am sure males can utilize these workouts for themselves.

Bootyking- This page focuses specifically on the derrière region. Many ladies on social media promote and display big juicy booties and other ladies want the same thing. From celebrities to the average lady, booty king seems to know how to help ladies achieve their big butt goals. Some of Bootyking’s videos are done at the gym, however, currently, they have been doing more at home booty fitness videos.

 And finally…

Alittletaeste- This girl is All of that and a bag of chips…plantain chips that is. 
alittletaeste is a fitness and lifestyle blogger and fitness trainer. I love her side by side home and gym workout videos. She basically shows what home workout mimics gym workout if you are unable to get to the gym. She works on every area of the body and she looks great doing it. It is a marvel to watch her videos and she is sure to inspire anyone.

Those were just a few of my Insta favs lets finish up with a few YouTube channels. Let’s keep this short and sweet with a list format.

YOUTUBE

1.     FitnessBlender
2.     Blogilates
3.     Madfit
4.     Popsugar fitness



All of these channels are YouTube channels I use for home fitness. Just simply go to YouTube and search these channels for your at-home fitness needs.
 Since there are so many activities that I can list for you to try or consider, I have decided to break them up in parts. This will be part 1. 
I am all about fitness so that was the first thing I wanted to get to. But there are other activities that you can engage in during this quarantine due to the navel CORONAVIRUS aka COVID-19. 

You do not have to stay home and be bored. You can do thing that you thought you never had time to do before. Check-in for my other parts coming up.

Until then...

Happy QUARANTINE and STAY SAFE

xxxAngels😇





No comments: